Sunday, January 25, 2009

Arizona Dirt Sledding

We took the kids sledding up in Flagstaff last Wednesday with our good friends Josh and Susie and their kids. The kids had a blast!!! On our way home I joked to Cris that is should have been called Arizona dirt sledding. When we showed up we asked the guy how much we needed to pay. We had heard that it was $10 but he only charged us $5. Cris asked him if it was half snow half price day. Lol It was such a warm day, we all ended up sledding without our gloves, or even coats. After sledding we went to the new Aquaplex to swim, and we had just as much fun!!! Here are a bunch of pictures of all us us sledding.
Cole


Jocelyn and Autumn


Kennedy

Kaden

Cris and Cole

Me looking dorky

Me and Jocelyn getting a push start from Cole

Me and Susie getting in on the action
READY

SET,

GO!!!!

Susie after she had a wipe out

This is why I like to call it Arizona dirt sledding. There was a bigger hill that the kids wanted to go down. We only let the older kids attempt fate and go down it on one sled(they took turns). Now as you look at the next few pictures it may look like there is some very dirty snow, but it was mostly dirt. And it was very compact and hard.
Double click on this picture to make it bigger and look at the expression on Kennedy's face. I love it!!!
Austin

Kaden, I love how he just happened to turn and look at the camera just as he was zooming by me.


In other news, Cole is potty trained!!!! No more diapers!!!! I'm doing the happy dance. Anyone care to join me?

9 comments:

Corie Green said...

Yay for Cole!!! So when please is Bailey going to learn? She totally peed on me at church! I'll have to tell you about it on our way to class. Looks like fun! Kaden was telling Ethan all about the Aquaplex, we are thinking of doing Ethan's Birthday party there. :)

Ivy & Mae said...

YAY for you and Cole. I hate potty training! Nice dirt-sliding skills.

bryan and megan said...

Yay!!! You know what that means right? Once they are potty trained it means it's time for another one!!!!!

Lani said...

Hey Leann! Just making sure you saw the scoop about the meeting on Thurs. I know you would be interested...see you there!!

Candace said...

Hi, this is Candace, from Mission 24! Your kids are so adorable! I love all that gorgeous blonde hair! And how exciting is that to get the baby out of diapers???? Yay! My baby is 8 months old, so I still have quite a while... :)

Ivy & Mae said...

hey, so just stopping by your blog to let you know that your grandma is a cute lil' lady.

The Brimhall's said...

Sledding is so fun I have not been in forever. You are so lucky how in the heck do you get your kids potty trained so fast? Cole isn't even 3 yet. I still have years of diapers. unfortunately I will not be doing the happy for awhile.

Ashby said...

I love the dirt sledding pictures! I haven't gone sledding in years. Looks like it was a lot of fun. And congratulations COLE! Since our move Emma has reverted back into diapers (BIG sigh). Give me a few months and I'll do the Happy Dance with you.

I really miss you girls! Would you come visit if I had a girl's night - even though I'm a total Winslow traitor?!

Jon Ward said...

You have a beautiful family. This is your old German teacher, and I set up a facebook page with pictures of past exchanges and the places we visited.

I just wanted to touch base with you to see if you were interested in joining the group page. We have 60 people on it at this point. Let me know if you are interested: jonward@cableone.net