Saturday, November 28, 2009

Polar Express 09'

We were able to go to the Polar Express this year. And it was just as fun and magical as last year. My mom, and dad came the same weekend and brought me my part of the cow we had bought together. They came with us, and so did Crystal and Lance. It was fun to have them here for just the few days they were able to stay.
Here we are waiting to get on the train.
The kids wrote their letters to Santa.
Visited with Mrs. Clause. Cole wasn't to excited about it. Especially after we made him sit on Santa's lap. I still need to scan the picture of the kids sitting on his lap. Unfortunately no cameras were aloud.
Jocelyn visited for quite some time with Mrs. Clause and gave her a picture she colored. It was so much fun watching her, and how excited her and Cole were.
We just happened to see a elf emptying Santa's mailbox, when the kids dropped theirs off. Jocelyn loved talking to him too.
Kennedy and Kaden with Grandma, and Grandpa, waiting for the train to leave the station.
Cris and I with Jocelyn, and Cole.
We had cookies,
And hot chocolate.
Ahhhh, it was yummy!!!!!
Then read the book, Polar Express.
The kids looking out the window at the North Pole, and looking for Santa, the elves, and the sleigh.
Then we waited for Santa to visit us on the train.
Santa came and gave each of the kids the "first gift of Christmas", a bell.
And he talked to the kids for a very brief moment.
We then rode the train back,
And along the way sang Christmas carols(man, our chef was very tone deaf. We had a good laugh listening to him sing.)
The kids played and admired their bells.
By the end of the trip, they were tired!!! Jocelyn fell asleep on the train, and the rest of the kids weren't far behind when we got in the car.
We had a lot of fun, and I hope to go again next year. 

6 comments:

Katherine said...

I love that last picture! I love it when I get cute pictures of my girls with their dad! The Polar Express looks like it was a lot of fun! What a great activity! You kids are cute, I love the Christmas Jammies!

lynnissa said...

Looks like so much fun! You're so good...you can get all 4 kids to look at the camera and get a great picture. I love that the two younger ones are leaning their heads on the older ones shoulders. Precious!

{Alynn} said...

I love this tradition of yours, I wish they had one here! Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

I have always wanted to go. It looks like so much fun.

Ivy & Mae said...

So cute! Your grandma is the cutest little lady. She is always so excited to give me updates about you and tell me how many great grand kids she will have when yours gets here. She loves you very much and is SUPER excited about this new baby!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.