Friday, March 5, 2010

Benson Josef Moss

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!
Benson Josef Moss was born on February 25th 2010 at 8:44. He weighed in at a whopping 7lbs. 11oz. and was 20 inches long.
I was so excited to meet our baby. Not knowing whether he was a boy or girl was really fun!!! The anticipation in the OR was killing Cris and I. When they pulled him out and said, "It's a boy!!" I really wasn't too surprised. We had been calling him a boy the whole time, so it just seemed fitting. He didn't have a name until later in the afternoon. I had thought of Benson just a few days before he was born, but just wasn't sure about it until we saw him. Josef is after my Grandpa Cziep. My Grandma was so excited that we spelled his middle name "the right way" Benson was our first c-section baby that didn't have to go to the special care nursery, and it was really neat to have him and Cris in the recovery room with me.
Benson is such a content baby.(now that I've said that he just might change his mind and get fussy:)) He sleeps really well at night anywhere between 3-4 hours between feedings, which is really nice!!! When he's awake he hardly fusses and just looks around. Out of all our kids he's been the best baby.
Here's some pictures of our sweet baby Benson.
Right after he was born, screaming like crazy.
Benson and I in the recovery room.
Cris lovin' the little guy.
The kids getting there first look at Benson. They were all so excited when we got home. Cole was jumping up and down in the window, but when we got in the house we couldn't find him. He went and hid behind the couch. I was so sad for him he's been the baby for the past 3 1/2 years. I couldn't lift him and I felt so bad. Cris was finally able to coax him to come out.
Cole's first look at Benson. It took him awhile to warm up. He didn't get to close to him for a while, and he wouldn't hold Benson until the next day.
Jocelyn and Grandma checking out Benson's little piggies.
The kids all had a turn holding him, and still have to hold him several times a day. He is well loved. Kennedy has even changed a few diapers.
He's so bright eyed!!
This has got to be my favorite picture I've taken of him by far!!!! He's a week old in it.
We are so thankful to have another healthy child!!! I'm so glad that I finally listened to Cris, and the spirit about bringing a new life into this world. We love Benson's sweet little spirit, and the joy he's brought into our home. We can't wait to see him grow up!!!

9 comments:

{kim} said...

Congrats! He is adorable and is the perfect addition to your cute family! That is too sad about Cole hiding behind the couch :-( poor guy!

Jessica said...

He is so darn cute!!! And lately I have been loving the name Benson, we could never use it (Bransen & Benson sound too much alike.) Congrats!

{Alynn} said...

He is so sweet! I'm in love! Congrats! I hope they all are treating you well... :)

thehaucks said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and I love that name!

Rachel Holloway said...

totally sweet!! What a gorgeous baby! And his name is PERFECT!! Hope we have a moment of inspiration like that!! :)Congrats again!!

Leslie said...

What a cutie! Glad everything is going well! Conrats!!!
--James & Leslie

bryan and megan said...

Congratulations!! He is super cute!! Hope everyone is doing well!! Keep us updated!!

wakasavan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ivy & Mae said...

Great Grandma Cziep has to be so proud! Such a cute boy