Friday, August 7, 2009

Has It Really Been That Long??

Wow, it's been a month since I've posted anything! We have been really busy and enjoying the summer. 
The kids did two sessions of swim lessons, and loved every bit of it. Cole on the other hand didn't do them. He's not much of a water fan, unless it's only a few inches deep. We've been to the pool here and there just to get out of the heat. 
School starts on Monday, and the kids are pretty excited. I am too! I love having my kids at home, but I can't wait to get back into a routine, hopefully less fighting, and a cleaner house.(at least in the mornings.) I'm still not sure if I like the grade level schools that they changed to this year. We went and meet the kids teachers, and I don't know anything about them. I also am not to sure if I like that they will be going to different schools. They won't be able to walk together, see each other throughout the day, or get each others homework if one misses school. Jocelyn missed the deadline for Kindergarten by a week. I was a little sad that she wouldn't be going to school with most of her friends. But I'm sure that she will benefit from an extra year at home under her belt. She will be going to pre-school 4 days a week in the morning, and she can't wait!! Cole will be bored at home during that time I'm sure. 
Our garden is growing like crazy!!(along with the weeds) We have enjoyed peas, beans, cucumbers, carrots, hopefully some corn soon(if the worms don't eat it all, anyone know how to get rid of them?), and of course Jocelyn is enjoying as many cherry tomatoes as she wants all to herself!!!! 
Cris has been working a lot, which is good because come this winter, he may be working in Gallup. :( I haven't been doing much but wrangling kids and cleaning up their messes. Which I wouldn't change for anything in the world. We are looking forward to a small vacation to Lake Powell, where we will see my cousins from Germany I haven't seen in about 7 or 8 years. And the kids will finally get to meet them. We can't wait, to swim, water ski, wake board, jet ski, and just relax, and have fun in the sun!!
Just for fun here is a picture of Cole on his new bike he got for his birthday. Now if only he could figure out how to ride it without pushing the brake all the time. :)

No comments: