Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rainbow Bridge, and slot Canyons, Oh my!!!

The houseboat was only a 40 minute boat ride to Rainbow Bridge National Monument. So we took the quick ride, to go see it. It was beautiful, and so cool to see. To me it's so crazy how this was made. The native americans believe that it is bad luck to walk under it. There was even a sign asking to respect their wishes and not walk under it. 
Cris and I holding up the bridge. Not the greatest picture of us, but funny. 
On the way back to the houseboat, I got this beautiful picture of the sunset, and mountains. Also Cris and Kennedy are on one of the jet skis, and Steven, and Kaden on the other.
We went one morning to hike a slot canyon. We rode the jet skis until we got to the mouth of the canyon, and there was no more water then started to hike. It was a lot of fun but very tiring.  We hiked about 2 miles in and still never got out of the canyon. Matthew, my dad, and Volker finished hiking it out,(they went about a mile or two farther) and had a view of part of the lake. Along with hiking it also included swimming in some areas, and scaling large rocks. Not all of us went on the hike. (Those who went were, Steven, Maria, Matthew, my dad, Volker, Jenny, Vannessa, Corina, Kaden, Cris, and me) Kaden was the only kid who came with us, and boy was he tuckered out!! 
It was so cool to walk through these canyons.
Kaden taking a break.
My dad, and Volker.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun. Now I want to go to Lake Powell.