Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

Our Easter festivities started out with the city egg hunt. It was a really cold day. The kids had to wear their coats. I was really surprised to see so many kids with shorts without any coat or jacket of any kind. Here are some pictures I took of the little kids. I went with Cole and Jocelyn and Cris went with Kennedy and Kaden. I had the camera with me so there aren't any pictures of Kennedy and Kaden hunting.
Cole patiently waiting to get eggs.

Cole and Jocelyn filling their baskets.
I took this photo for my photography blog group. I love the different angle I took it at. I probably looked like a crazy mom laying on the ground trying to get just the right one. I also did a color mute in photoshop.
After the egg hunt we went home and dyed eggs. Every year I think, "We need to dye eggs, what's Easter without it." Then after dyeing them i think, "What was I thinking." The kids have lots of fun doing it, and I of course love to clean it up. 
Here are the kids before church on Sunday with their new clothes. I loved getting a new dress every year, and have passed the tradition along to my kids, although the boys get a new shirt and tie.
I just had to throw this picture in here. Jocelyn is making a face as usual. I think the above photo is the only one with her looking and smiling. She's such a ham!!!
BEWARE OF SOME BLURRY PHOTOS BELOW!!!
Kaden looks like he is playing leap frog in this picture. With all the movement I got no good pictures of the egg hunt that we did with, Crystal and Lance, and Josh and Susie's families.
Kennedy and Sari. They are the best of buds when together and inseparable.
Don't worry no children where hurt while being jumped and thrown wildly on the trampoline by Cris. Stashia looks like she's flying of the tramp.


That ends our Easter fun, I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. And were able to reflect on Jesus Christ and his resurrection.

5 comments:

Criddle said...

ha ha it sure does look like she is flying off! how funny! We had a blast. Thanks :)

Susie and Josh said...

Fun times! Love hanging with your families! You guys rock! Hey do me a favor and send ashby a message it won't let me view her blog. It keeps saying I'm blocked. :(

{Alynn} said...

I totally understand about the egg dying. My kids won't even eat hard boiled eggs. What am I supposed to DO with them? At lest the kiddos have fun! : ) Love the tramp pic, it made me laugh!

The Brimhall's said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. I need you to teach me how to do all this fun stuff that you are doing on your blog. Your kids are adorable! Miss you.

bryan and megan said...

How fun. I can't wait for Wyatt to be done with T-Ball. It is so slow.
Were there NO kids at you Easter Egg hunt? There are ton's of eggs and no kids. Here it is the opposite. Our kids are lucky if they get a couple of treats. It's bad, we have parents who will help their little kids and as soon as they blow the whistle they are pushing people out of the way to get to all of the candy. Not even fun. Aren't I honory?!! :)