Monday, October 1, 2007

Another busy weekend!!

I can't believe that it is October already! I guess I need to get out all the Halloween decorations, and figure out what the kids want to be. On Saturday Kaden had another early morning soccer game. We had to wake up at six thirty on our only day to sleep in. His team lost. :( Probably because I wasn't there to watch. I was getting the rest of the house clean and ready for my friends baby shower. Here is the picture of the finished diaper baby I made. The baby shower went well and the food was yummy!!
Friday morning a friend and I went to the city park. I hadn't been there in a while and it reminded me why. Don't get me wrong I love where I live and I really like the people and friends we've made here. The city park is sooooo trashed! I took some pictures but don't want to post them. There is graffiti all over the playground equipment with all sorts of things you wouldn't want any child to repeat of ask you what they mean. It's so sad that our city won't fix it up. Oh yeah, their way of fixing it is to spray paint it to make it even more trashy! This has made me want to write a letter to our mayor expressing my concerns and others concerns about it. I will be sending him the pictures also, I really don't think they think it is that bad. I'm also thinking about maybe a petition to get new equipment that is fenced in with city park hours from sun up to sun down. I don't know if it will do any good but at least I will have tried. If anyone has any suggestions on how to approach this let me know.
Friday night we went to the annual Standing on the Corner celebration. This is a city event that is put on by donations every year. They have a bunch of vendors, food, and live bands. They used to have alot more stuff for the kids but there hasn't been to much the past two years, so we left the kids with a babysitter for an hour. If you don't know "The Eagles" wrote a song about Winslow. It's their song "Take it Easy". This is where this celebration stems from.
I attempted to go to the gym this morning. I was hoping to get 4 miles or so on the treadmill but Cole wouldn't have it. Jocelyn was doing great sitting in the kids room watching Dora. Anyway back to Cole. There is this really nice old indian guy that works out at the gym all the time. As soon as we walked in the door Cole got one look at him and started screaming. The man left the room to go put his stuff in a locker, and Cole stopped as soon as he left the room. A few minutes later he came back and started to warm up on the treadmill next to me. Cole was terrified and wouldn't stop his screaming. So after running only 2 miles I had to leave. I got home and thought it was a waist of time. It took me longer to get the two kids ready to take with me, than to run the 2 miles. Needless to say I was disappointed.

No comments: