Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Parent teacher confrence

Today was parent teacher conference,. I can't believe that Kennedy and Kaden have already been in school for nine weeks! Time flies when your having fun. We will start with Kaden. He is doing really good in everything, except penmanship. When he writes it sometimes looks like chicken scratches. I can't believe that he is in first grade. He reads really well, I think that having all day Kindergarten helped a lot last year. Kennedy is also doing good, and she is in the second grade this year. She is struggling in her reading, and spelling though. She has been working so hard, and its hard to see her struggle. We just need to make her read out loud more often. She really likes to read the Junie B. Jones books, maybe I will get her some more. She is doing great in math. (and she didn't get that from me, I hate math) She will sit down and make up her own math problems, and figure them out. One of these days I will have her balance my check book. All in all it went well. The only complaint I have in the grading system they do for the First and Second graders. It's like this 93-100 is a A 85-92 in a B 75-84 is a C 65-74 is a D and a 64-0 is a F. So even if my kids get a 92 or 90 it is a B. So they mostly got B's and C's but the should actually be A's and B's. The grading system changes when they move up to third grade. While I'm on the subject of school, Jocelyn is doing a joy school. She loves it and has so much fun. It's my turn to teach in a few weeks, and I am having fun looking for ideas for some Halloween crafts we can do. Any suggestions would be great.
I can't believe how big my kids are getting and how grown up they are. I love them so much ,and hope that they do good in all that they do. I love you guys!!

1 comment:

Courtney Moss & Family said...

Hi LeAnn
Glad to hear the kids are doing good in school. A great place to look for craft/art ideas is perpetualpreschool.com! Have fun:)

♥Courtney