Sunday, December 9, 2007

Windblow

There are times when I feel like we live in Windblow, not Winslow! I really, really despise the wind. On Friday we had 60mph wind gusts. (only 10mph away from hurricane force winds) I had this feeling all morning to keep checking to make sure or trampoline was still in the yard. I looked you the kitchen several times, and it was fine. So I put the feeling in the back of my mind. When I went to lay Cole down for his nap I heard a squeaking sound. I rushed to the back door. To my avail there was no trampoline in my sites. I ran into the yard and found it on it's side halfway on top of my house. YIKES!! This isn't the first time this has happened. It's happened three times now. The first time Cris and I decided to take a afternoon nap while the older kids were at school, and the younger ones where napping. We heard a big crash, and a minute later our neighbor was knocking at our door. The wind had picked it up, threw it through our fence, and into the street. Luckily there were two men preventing it from going any farther. (I even called the insurance company to see if they would replace or build a new fence. But since it is wood, and we don't know when it was built it was to much of a hassle to claim it. We live on a corner with two city lots, and that is one of the main reasons we bought the house.. We really want to build a new fence but it will cost us and arm and a leg. Does anyone have one to spare? We will have to wait till we have the funds until then we have a ugly old wood fence.)Any way back to Friday. Cris was at work so I called him on my cell, and told him, "I'm holding the trampoline down can you please call someone else to help me move it." So he called a couple of friends and they rushed right over to help. Meanwhile I was outside holding down the thing with all my 120 pound might. I thought I might blow away with it. Poor Jocelyn was in the house scared out of her mind because I kept telling her to stay in, and Cole was screaming in his bed. Randy and Burr came and helped move it, and tie it down to the fence in the corner of our yard. It is bent out of shape and in need of repair again. Maybe the "cage" (safety net) is causing it to be picked up by the wind. But at least no one was hurt, and it didn't go through the fence again. So from now on, this is the Moss Family, and we live in Windblow Arizona.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so funny! We had the same thing happen. We lived kitty-corner to Porter Park in Rexburg and our trampoline flew from our backyard, through the neighbors backyard, hit a car (we didn't claim that one though!) flew through the trees and landed in the middle of porter park bent completely in half. It was SUCH a bummer! Thankfully the store replaced it since it was only 3 days old! :)

That can be a seriously scary thing!

Shana Dee said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad that everyone is okay. I hope you don't get blown away. Where is "Windblown" from Flagstaff? I have been around FLag and up by Payson and Strawberry, but I am just not sure where "Windblown" is located.

The Moss Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.