Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winkle



Winkle has arrived from the North Pole!! The kids were so excited to see him again this year. They kept asking if and when he was going to appear. Winkle is our magical Elf who comes every year around December 1st. He comes every day and hides somewhere new. Then at night he goes back to the North Pole to report to Santa if the kids have been bad or good. He will also bring small gifts every once and a while. They arn't suppose to touch him either, or he will go away. This helps keep the kids be good thoughout the holidays. They have so much fun looking around the house for him every morning. The first day he comes he brings the kids their Christmas jammies. And a small note that goes like this,
Hello Moss Family,
My name is Winkle
And I'm here to say
Santa sent me
So be good today!
(this is the poem Cris sister made up Then I added this part)
Here are some jammies
Santa sent with me
So you can be warn
Sitting by the Christmas tree.

The past couple of years we haven't gone with the holiday theme, instead they just get a nice pair of fun jammies. This year Kennedy got Bobbly Jack, Kaden got Spiderman, Jocelyn got Princess, and Cole got ones with a Dinosaur. Cris' sister has done this with their kids for many years now and that is where I got the idea.















8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Very cute idea! Might have to try that next year!! Thanks for sharing. I love to get new ideas...

Courtney Moss & Family said...

That is a great idea! Next year I think Mr. Winkle will have to visit our house too:)

bryan and megan said...

That is such a cute idea!!! And I am sure that the kids just absolutely love it!!! Where did you get your little elf doll?
Madi and Wyatt would have sooooo much fun with that!!!!

The Moss Family said...

I got our elf doll at JC Penny two years ago. I'm sure you could find one at wal-mart or some place like that.
I'm really trying to firure out who you are, bryan and megan. A little help?

bryan and megan said...

Megan Olsen
Sorry!! I guess I really should try to take a second and post a photo and update. I will try to get that done. But in the mean time know that it's me!!
How are things in Arizona?

The Moss Family said...

O.K. Duh!! I thought that it might be you, but I thought you had more than two kids, and I couldn't remember their names. I'm not a very good friend am I. Hey, email me and we can catch up. chrismoss79@msn.com We are loving Arizona, but its gotten alot colder than we'd like. Where are you guys at now? Email me with the details!!
LeAnn

Shana Dee said...

I just love your Mr. Winkle idea. I am going to write down the poem so when I have some kids I can let him visit our house too.

Jana said...

That is the best idea I have ever heard of! Some people are so brilliant. The rest of us just have to listen! :)