Saturday, June 7, 2008

Black Eye


Kennedy is our accident prone child. Her and Kaden were hitting some of those fisher price roll-a-round balls with the bat in the back yard. Apparently Kennedy didn't have a mitt on and Kaden hit one strait at her. It hit her right on the check under her eye. She was tough and didn't cry until I told her we might have to go to the doctor. Then came the water works. "I don't' want stitches mommy!! I want daddy!!!" She is terrified of the E.R. mainly because she had to have 9 staples last fall on the top of her head from falling and hitting our wood burning stove. (which Cris tore out two days later.) After Cris looked at it we decided it would be fine. It swelled up so fast, and turned a little pink. But the next morning she had a black eye. She hopes that it will go away soon, she told me she didn't want to go to church tomorrow. I think it may take a few more days than she thinks. Poor girl!!!

11 comments:

Corri Havlicek said...

Ooooh! Good shiner! Very pretty colors. You'll have to be sure she makes it to church (even though she doesn't want to go) so we can all shower her with attention, hugs, and sympathy.

Michelle said...

What a tough little girl!! I am sure she is planning her payback or at least my boys would be! Congrats on the marathon!! It looked like so much fun. My race is this Saturday. I am getting excited. I am kind of bummed my partner dropped out on me. :o( I just hope it warms up a little bit for me!!

Janet said...

Poor girl. That looks painful. She is still so pretty even with a black eye!

The life of Jayne said...

OUCH! Poor thing! I hope that eye feels better soon!

P.s Do you have Sharing Time on Fathers Day?? I am looking for ideas!! :)

Katherine said...

That totally stinks, poor girl! That looks like it would have hurt! Hope it gets better soon. Even with it she is still beautiful, I was admiring her beautiful blonde hair! Wow!

bryan and megan said...

OUCH!! That makes me hurt just looking at it.
Did you make it to church?

Corie Green said...

Wow! She IS tough! Poor girl, I don't blame her for hating the ER. That will be a great picture for the wedding reception slideshow when she gets married! :)

Rachel Holloway said...

ouch! That looks SO painful! But you actually did get a good shot of it! This will make for some funny memories for sure...well, hopefully they will seem funny in the future!

Shana Dee said...

Ouch! She takes it like a champ and looks adorable doing so!

Ivy & Mae said...

poor thing!

The Moss Family said...

We made it to church, I had to do sharing time. The black eye is almost gone, its now just a little pink. So it should be gone by by Saturday for her baptism. Mr and Mrs. Chenney I need a new invite to your blog I never recived it or I deleted it. :( Thanks!!