Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Case of The Missing Glasses

It's so hard having a child with glasses. We are constantly looking for them. Well, Kaden's were missing for almost a week. We looked high and low, I called friends, family, and even the pool to see if they had them. Nope, no one did. We knew they had to be in our house somewhere. I really didn't even think to pray about it, it just slipped my mind, until I talked to my mom yesterday. She, said "why don't ya pray about it" I replied with a "ya that's a good idea" and that was that. Fast forward to about a hour ago. I told Cris we really need to find those glasses, so the search continued. We still couldn't find them so I told Cris why don't we pray about it. Cris took Kaden in our bedroom, and they prayed. We looked for about another hour. We searched the laundry, behind the fridge, under the beds, couch, everywhere!! We just could not find them. As I was cleaning the kitchen Kaden's glasses case was sitting on the counter. He never puts his glasses in them, so I set them to the side. I then thought Maybe I should look inside it, but then just shook the case, nothing. I was then prompted to look again. So I picked it up and VIOLA there they were, in the case!!! Boy am I relieved!! There was no way we could afford to buy a new pair at the price of $200+. Kaden just told us that we needed to pray and tell Heavenly Father thank you, he can now see.

3 comments:

Steven & Maria Cziep said...

You know, it never fails. All you have to do is remember to ask for help and he gives it to you--and then just watch your children. They will absorb this memory and it will undoubtably help them later. Glad it all worked out. Lots of love!!

Ashby said...

I love hearing stories like that! Something similar happened to us last year with Ryan's wedding ring, and 5 minutes later we found it in the bag with the rolled up air mattress. I never would have thought to look there! Congrats on getting the glasses (and Kaden's sight) back!

Rachel Holloway said...

Way to teach your kids!! You are obviously doing good things---

Glad you found the glasses and your prayers were ANSWERED! :)