Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Three night hotel stay: $200
Food and gas: $150
Running a marathon with three of my best friends: PRICELESS!!!


We had a blast!! I'm so happy to be home and see my kids and husband. Cris was such a awesome dad and played hard with his kids for four days, cooked, cleaned, and etc. My house was spotless when I got home, and my kids were too!! Here is a fun outline of what we did.

Friday:
*drove 8 hours
*get stopped by the border patrol near Yuma. Funny story!! Just don't ask three blonde's a question that is so simple to answer. Lol.
* went to the expo
*got our race numbers
* bought some socks, and a shirt
*sat in the hotel room, and vegged without a care

Saturday:
*hit the pool first thing in the morning
*we all got ready considerably fast for three girls sharing one bathroom
*found a mall (of course a girl has to shop)
*went to dinner and got directions to a few different beaches from our waitress
*went in search of La Jolla beach, but found the San Diego Temple instead. (in one word, breathtaking!!)
*went back to the hotel and vegged some more
*went to bed early we had a big day ahead of us!!

Sunday:
*wake up a 4 a.m.
*shuttle to the starting line
*eat the starting line food
*meet up with Jenn
*wait in line for a ridiculous amount of time for the port-a-pottys
*get in our corral and take off!!
*enjoy the scenery and about die of heat and exhaustion at mile 22
*cross the finish line 4 hours and 39 minutes later
*meet up with Susie (she was the speed demon and beat me by 15 minutes)
*wait about 20 minutes for Jenn and Crystal to cross
*get in line and get our medals
*get finishers food (good but not as good as the last race!! They didn't' have popcilces!!)
*walk to the shuttle pick up, and head back to the hotel
*hit the hot tubs
*find the beach
*hit the hot tubs again
*veg some more and fall asleep early

Monday:
*wake up early
*drive 6 hours
*go to a outlet mall (again this is three girls we are talking about no matter how much pain we are in we can always shop. You should have seen the looks we got. Our sun burnt legs, and we looked like we were a bunch of nintey year old lady's walking we were so sore.)
*drive 2 1/2 more hours and get home

We had some fun times that will never be forgotten. The race was awesome and I'm proud to say I did a marathon. I can see why they say you can get addicted to them, I would love to try and beat my time. The race course was o.k. the roads were slanted in several areas which can put lots of strain on your knees. I loved running through the residential areas. People were handing out oranges, otter pops, water, ice tea, watermelon, and spraying the runners with their sprinklers. We also ran a few miles on a main freeway which was really cool!! Susie almost got tripped cause someone dropped their glasses and thought to pick them up with thousands of runners behind her. I left my I-pod in my bag. What I would have given for it around mile 22 when I hit my wall and thought I couldn't go any farther.I took about 5 minutes off my half marathon time. Here is a link with my stats from the race:http://results.active.com/pages/oneResult.jsp?pID=39856529&rsID=64204
Some one had a sign about 3/4 from the finish line that said 1/2 mile to go. It really got me going. I thought " you can do it only half a mile", then a minute later you see a sign that says the real marker for 1/2 mile. Bummer!! Then a man was yelling its just around the corner. HAHAHA!!! Just around the corner whatever!! More like just around the next four or five corners. We ended the race on a army base, which was really neat to run into it, and seeing all the service men and women cheering everyone on. It brought tears to my eyes. Jenn's husband came with her and jumped in with her on the last 5 miles, but they wouldn't let anyone enter the base with out a race number, so he had to get of the race course two miles to the finish and go get a security check to get on the base, and meet us at the finish line.
We all have sore muscles but me Crystal and Susie all have pretty bad sunburns that hurt worse than the muscles!! Next time we will apply lots more sunscreen!!!!! It was such a awesome experience and I loved it!! I know I say never again, but I just might do another one!! I couldn't have asked for any better of friends to run it with!! You guys rocked and I love you!!!!!

Stay tuned for pictures!! I will be posting them as soon as I get them down loaded, and get the ones Crystal took.

11 comments:

The Moss Family said...

Shana if you read this I need a invite to your blog. I either never recived it or accidently deleted it. opps! Please send me a new one. My email is
chrismoss79@msn.com thanks!!!

Ann said...

It sounds like a memory making time. I can't even imagine how sore you were. It makes me hurt thinking about it. I am so impressed that you ran a marathon let alone one that long. You did yourself proud.

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I am honestly SOOOOO impressed! You make working out and marathons look POSSIBLE! And not only possible, but FUN! GASP--I said running could be fun??? :)

What an awesome few days you had! What awesome friends, awesome hubby, and awesome memories! :)

Janet said...

Wow! That is awesome. That's so fun to have such great friends to do that with. Sounds like you had a great time and will have memories for a lifetime. That is such a great accomplishment. Congrats!!!

The life of Jayne said...

WAY TO GO!! That is so awesome!!

Camille said...

I checked your results on Sunday- I was cheering for you from my couch at home! Way to go. And, tell Cris that I am equally impressed with his homemaking skills for 4 days.

Ivy & Mae said...

you are my hero.

Corri Havlicek said...

Good Job LeAnn! I love the pictures of the four of you all together - truly something to be remembered forever...

Corie Green said...

Good Job! You guys are amazing!!! It looks like such a fun time! I am so glad you guys had so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, you are awesome! Good job and congrats!!!

bryan and megan said...

Way to go Leann!! That is awsome! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. You are better than me, I can't even run more than a couple of miles. It makes me hurt just thinking about it!!