Monday, March 24, 2008

What a Busy Weekend!!

We had a fun and busy weekend. My Mom and Dad came to visit and got here on Friday night. The kids were so excited to see them!! They kept asking "When will grandma and grandpa get here." As soon as they got here my dad and Cris went strait to Tim and Steph's house to figure out what they needed to do to start on putting in a sprinkler system. They actually started that night. All day Saturday they spent putting the rest of it in. Poor Tim was trenching the back yard, and hit their sewer line three times. They pretty much replaced the whole thing. But they got it all up and running, I'm sure they are excited to plant grass in a few weeks.
While my Dad, and Cris were busy doing the sprinklers we took the kids to the annual Easter egg hunt. They hunted empty eggs, and then traded them in for a goodie basket fulled with junk that eventually made it into the garbage can when no one was looking. (don't get me wrong they had fun, but I don't need a bunch of junky toys that fall apart in two seconds, and then a kid has a breakdown. I fact one of Kaden's toys broke and Kennedy told him that it was made in China that's why. Silly girl, but oh, so true!!)
My Mom made some yummy BBQ ribs in the crock pot, and after dinner we showed my parents who to play the Wii, and Rock band. It was really entertaining to watch them box, drum, and rock out.
On Sunday we had a great time at church and primary was wild!! The Sunbeams had way to much Easter candy or something, and no one sat still, and were very noisy!! My mom and dad took some really good pictures of us, and the kids in their Easter clothes.( I hate the way I look in pictures so please dont look at me) I now want a nicer camera. We had a Egg hunt and BBQ in the back yard. It was such a beautiful day!! Crystal and Lance came with their kids and so did our really good friends Rich and Allison, and their kids. We enjoy sitting in the back yard with the 75 degree weather, and the kids running around. I love spring!! My poor mom and dad had to go back to the cold and a foot of snow on the ground. I told them they just needed to stay longer at least until the snow melted, but duty calls, and they were off early this morning.
We had so much fun, and I hope everyone had a great Easter!!
You can check out the slide show of all the fun we had, above!!



4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a fun weekend! I am so glad you were able to have some good times with friends and family. That always makes things so great!

I love all the pics of your family. They were SO cute! What a great family pic!!!

The life of Jayne said...

That is awesome that your parents came! I bet they loved being out of the snow for a little bit. It was so crazy being back there a few weeks ago, they have a TON of snow!

Cute family pictures!!

Stephanie said...

I feel bad that your dad came and worked instead of visiting...please tell them we really do appreciate his help and thanks so much! Now if we can just get Tim over to your house!

Ivy & Mae said...

It was fun to see pictures of your parents---they look the exact same.