Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Family's New Toy


We bought the kids a basketball hoop the other day. (When I say we, I mean Cris, he came home with it out of the blue.) Kaden has been into basketball alot lately, and has been asking for one. We had talked about getting it when we got our taxes. Well as you can see, we got our taxes. They have had so much fun with it, and it has been so nice the past week that they have been outside constantly!! I love spring! I'm afraid it will get cold again, as it always does but for now bring on spring weather!!!



We also got our gas insert for our fireplace. We just need to install it now, and get a inspection on it since we have to move a gas line. I'm really excited. We had to drive to Show Low to get it which is a 1 1/2 hour drive, but it was well worth it since we got it 50% off. We've also resheetrocked, the rest of the house. Now if only Cris would start mudding and taping it. so Tim can start texturing it. We also bought a new front door last week, and we still need to install it. I love doing home improvements. I feel like we are getting a new house in some ways.



6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Congrats on the new toys! Isn't it fun to get some fun treats every now and then?!?
I can't wait to see pics of all this home improvement!! HOW FUN!

Ivy & Mae said...

*cry* you can play basketball outside???

We had a gas instert put in this fall...lots of fun...we had to demolish the old woodburning one, I'll have to post pics one day.

(send me your email, I think I probably blocked you when I set to private -- jkziel@gmail.com

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hello!

This is ashley from cutestblogontheblock, thanks for your comment, I wish I had more time to try to help you through the process of putting on the background, but I'm just too busy, so if you'd like my help, please email me your screenname, password, blog address, and the background you'd like to huntsnlove@hotmail.com and I'll just put it on for ya! That way all you have to do is chnage the link whenever you'd liek a new one.

Thx

Ashley

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey--LeAnn--I can totally help you with your blog background. I put a ton of links on the side of my blog to makeover your blog--if you want to call me, I can help you through it. You can click the call me button on my blog and call me for free through your phone for free. I will be home all day tomorrow. (am Eastern time) Hope I can help!
Rachel

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

How fun! Who is more excited - Cris or your kids?

Michelle said...

I am so jealous. I think our boys would love a basketball hoop. Wait we would just love to be able to go outside without freezing to death. You know what that's like. Have fun with your new toy.