Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break Fun

The kids had spring break the past week. We really didn't do anything to exciting. But I thought I'd post a few pictures of what we did do.
On Monday when I got home from the gym Cris had the kids ready for a day of fun in the sun! He packed a picnic lunch, and we drove to Flagstaff to one of our favorite parks. It was so much fun and the kids had a blast. (It's so pretty up there)
Cole and Cris walking to the kiddy play area

It was such a beautiful sunny day! Kennedy couldn't keep her eyes open while taking the picture.

Cole loved the watermelon.

So did Jocelyn she had a mouthful

We tried to fly kites on Tuesday, but apparently the Easter Bunny shouldn't have been so cheap and bought better kites. (they were only $1 so what do ya expect!) So we went to the store on Thursday and used the Easter money Oma sent and got better kites. They had so much fun flying them. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera so there are no pictures of them flying away. It also pretty much stopped blowing when we got to the park so they didn't fly for too long. (They defiantly would fly today, in fact the kids would probably fly away with the 60MPH wind gusts we have. Thankfully Cris tied the trampoline down when he fixed it from it's last flight across the yard.. Just call us Windblow not Winslow!!)
The kids have been taking advantage of no school. They have gotten to stay up late every day this week watching movies. The favorite on has been Enchanted. It's such a cute show and Kennedy will tell you her favorite part is when the squirrel pooped. Silly Girl!!!
Here they all are in their makeshift bed in the computer room. Cole would even lay down and watch for alittle bit. Boy would he get mad when he had to go to bed.

That's about all the excitement we had this week. I even took advantage of them being home, and made it to the gym everyday this week! (except Friday) They came with me when Cris was at work and stayed in the kids room. I'm really trying to get my butt in gear and train harder for my marathon coming up on June 1st. Only about 8 weeks left!!!

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

WOO HOO! How exciting! I don't think you always need a ton going on to just be able to have a great time!

WARM WEATHER...sigh....we're getting there! :)

Janet said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I am so impressed and amazed at your dedication to the marathon thing. I am struggling just to get on the treadmill let alone run for miles upon miles. Please tell me it gets easier. I so need to kick it in gear. Looks like your weather isn't too bad, we woke up to ice and blowing snow. No kites around here for awhile. Take care!

The life of Jayne said...

Way to go on training for the marathon!

I like what you have done to your blog page! Very cute!

Stephanie said...

I know another cheap easter bunny who bought the $1 kites and I thought they were fine, we flew them on easter sunday FOREVER! Maybe the wind was too strong. It seems like its either too strong or not enough wind around here..oh well cute blog background where did you get it?

Corri Havlicek said...

That is fun! I love a picnic. How was Enchanted? Kendall has been begging me to rent it.

AprilF said...

What a fun spring break! Your kids are adorable!

AprilF said...

Of course you can add! I'm going to link you in mine too if that's okay!