Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Fun

We had a fun 4th with just our family. Cris played in a three man team basketball tournament in Joseph City. He had alot of fun, and his team came in second overall. They were pleasantly surprised to do that good. Needless to say he was sore. It's been a while since he played basketball for three hours strait, with not many breaks. We had fun watching him play.

( I forgot my camera so this was taken with my cell phone. Hence the poor quality. Cris is the one shooting.)
After the tournament we came home, and got dinner ready. We had a yummy BBQ in our back yard. We had chicken, corn on the cob, watermelon, salad, and strawberry shortcake for desert. The kids jumped on the trampoline while we enjoyed the cool night air that the monsoon season brings.


Then we moved to our front yard and watched the fireworks. Cole and Jocelyn were scared of them. Jocelyn finally came around towards the end. Cole fell asleep on the blanket we spread out, and was soon moved to his bed, and slept through most of it.

I really miss all the festivities that go on in my home town, and family fun. Maybe sometime in the near future we will make it home for the yummy breakfast Grandma Clark does, and the fun at the Menan park. But for now I'm just happy to be going home in a week to visit everyone. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up!!!

1 comment:

bryan and megan said...

We spent the 4th out in Menan. That is the only place to be. Madi danced in the Rexburg parade so we went to that and booked it back to Menan for their parade and spent the rest of the day there.

Let me know when you come, I would love to see you. We actually live out in Menan now, just down the road from your mom and dad, so let me know and we can get together.