Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happenings of The Past Few Days

Not much has been going on here. We took the kids to a presentation that the library put on about bats as part of their summer reading program. I was really hoping that they would have a live bat or two, but they didn't. But they did show lots of pictures and had a dead one that I got a picture of. Nice huh.

So my pictures didn't turn out that great but the kids loved it.

I ran a 10K this morning with my friend Jenn. It was alot of fun. It was just about 5 miles outside of town at the Homolovi Ruins State Park. We were prepared to just go and have a fun time. Most of the trail was in the sand which we were not prepared for. But it was fun, and the group was small. I think there was 10 or 12 people who ran the 10k and maybe 20 who ran the 5k. One of the Hopi runners said a traditional prayer they give before running blessing all the runners. It was really neat to see. The main guy who helped put it on gave out the awards. He said " We don't give out medals because we(the Hopi) don't believe that you can take them to the next life." Which is so true. So they did a raffle drawing. I of course didn't win anything. They did a big traditional corn roast in a pit over night, and we had some after the race. It was really really yummy!! We plan on doing it again next year. I loved the small crowd, it was much better that the 20,000+ people that ran the P.F. Chang's marathon we did in June.
I forgot my camera so this was taken with my cell phone after the race. We totally didn't mean to match, Jenn came and picked my up this morning and We had on the same shirts, with black shorts. Funny! Great minds think alike!!! All in all it was a great run and I loved the small town atmosphere.
Now we are off on our next adventure. A twelve hour drive with four kids. Wish us luck!!!

4 comments:

Corie Green said...

Have fun! You and Jenn rock!

Rachel Holloway said...

Impressive yet again! How, HOW do you do it?

bryan and megan said...

I am impressed!! I always want to do cute cakes for my kids but I can't ever decide what to do that will fit them at the time!!

And look how cute you are!!! Let me know when you are coming, I would love to see you!

Shana Dee said...

Wow, another race! That is great. Are you doing the P.F. Chang race this year? I think my husband and I will do it this year. Maybe I'll see you there. I need to run some 5K's first. Luckily there are a lot to run in this part of the US. Good luck with your trip and have fun.
Shana
cheneyfun@gmail.com