Monday, July 28, 2008

The Day We Flew

My brother Matthew has his pilot licence to fly single engine planes. We thought it would be fun to go flying. So Matthew rented a plane and went to the Idaho Falls airport. We just did some touch and goes and the kids loved it. We thought that Cole was to young so he didn't get a ride and boy was he mad!! Matthew could only take three passengers at a time. So Cris went with Kennedy and Kaden, and me being the chicken I am decided at last minute that it would be fun to go, so I went with Jocelyn and my niece Sydnie. The first time we went in for a landing I about died!! Matthew cut the throttle back and the plane dropped. We flew over the temple went in for a landing went back up and over the temple again and then landed for good. I think that Matthew did about 4 rides by the time all the nieces and nephews went. My kids had a blast, and can't wait for him to give them a ride again next year.
Cris and Matthew

You really can't see this picture but it's Kennedy and Kaden.

Hunter waving at them while taking off.

Jocelyn and Sydnie. They were so cute riding together. All we heard during our flight was giggling and sydnie telling us her stomach was scared. Too funny!!

Our crazy pilot Matthew

The Idaho Falls Temple with the Snake River.

The kids next to the plane we flew in.

After our plane rides we headed up to Green Canyon(a hot springs) and swam. My dad paid my nephew Hunter a quarter every minute he sat in the cold pool.(that water is ice cold!!) He sat in it for 16 minutes!!! Crazy kid!! We then ate our dinner and headed home.

Blogger will not load pictures right now for some reason. I will try to put the pictures on later.

3 comments:

Corie Green said...

Wow that sounds so fun! What a great reunion! :)

Ivy & Mae said...

I hope you are having fun in ID. Your grandma spoke in our ward--very interesting stories about Austria/the war--she seems like a sweet lady, I have yet to introduce myself to her.

Janet said...

I am so scared for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!