Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Few Tid-bits, and Smorgasbord of Posts

Scroll down to view my smorgasbord of posts. There are quite a few!!!
And now for a few tid-bits.
*Kaden was jumping on the couch the other day and rough housing, and whacked his head. After a quick trip to the E.R. he now has a very expensive super glue holding a gash together on the back of his head. I didn't get any pictures of it. Sorry for all you interested in seeing it.(at least it was just glue and not staples, like Kennedy had last year)
*Today was the kids last soccer game. WooHoo!!!!!!!
*Cole has a nasty cold, and is a cranky little boy!!!!
*Now for the best part of my day!!! I have heard many stories pertaining to the one I'm about to tell ya, but in the 8 years living here, it's never happened, or I've never been a recipient of it. If a truck gets in a wreck , and the merchandise spills out they can not sale the stuff. I've heard cheese and produce stories like this. Well, apparently a truck wrecked on I-40 and it was full of chuck roasts. Well, when this happens they can no longer sale the babies. So we were the recipients of some roasts. Not just any roasts, but this babies!!!!! FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pictures really don't do much justice. They are huge and boneless!! And they filled my deep freezer! Has anyone seen them this big??? We got 9, of them and will be giving some to the families that Cris home teaches. So don't worry mom, and dad, I will have plenty of room for the meat you will be bringing me in a few weeks. I think that for the few we will be keeping, I will thaw them out, cut them up, and vacuum seal them. I think I can get 4-5 good sized roasts out of each big one. Yummy!! Does anyone have any good recipes that use roast that I can have, besides the basic crock-pot, or oven recipe? I bet ya can't guess what's for dinner and the Moss house tomorrow!!!!

9 comments:

Ann said...

Lucky you!!!!

Janet said...

Wow, lucky you....like Ann said. They look awesome. It was fun to see all of the pictures of things going on in your life.

Rachel Holloway said...

oh my gosh!!! lucky, lucky!!! I bet you are gonna have some AMAZING MEALS COMING UP!

bryan and megan said...

Lucky you!! Can I be one of the families that Chris home teaches!!! I wish a truck would wreck by my house so I could get some free meat. That stuff is expensive.

I really like to put my roasts in the oven all day with a package of lipton onion soup mix sprinkled over the roast. Put a little water in it, and cut up some onions. YUM!!! I am getting hungry!

The life of Jayne said...

AWESOME!! I love having roast in the crockpot/with potatoes, and put a little b-bque sauce on it, and then while at church it cooks, and when you get home...its ready!! YUM!!

Ashby said...

Chuck roasts are the only kind i'll use to make my pot roast!!!! They turn out so yummy!

I have a great pot roast recipe here:

http://thelunchboxclub.blogspot.com/2008/07/best-ever-pot-roast-and-gravy.html

I'm so jealous you got those for free! They freeze really well too!

Criddle said...

so huge! I could only fit 4 in my deep freezer. :( but I am so grateful to have them :)

Ivy & Mae said...

mmmm...

how awesome!

Cziep Family said...

There is a lady in our branch that cans roast. She said they are really juicy and her family really had enjoyed them. I will ask her for some recieps!

So when is dinner? We are on our way over! :)

(It is almost like manna falling out of the sky) :)

ENJOY!!