Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bows, Mud and Srap

I finally did it!! I made a pair of bows!!! I've been wanting to for quite some time now, and I had some time this afternoon while the kids were napping to try it. Living in the small town I live in, I had gone to walmart to get some ribbon. Not much of a selection, but it worked. I choose pink and brown. Also I couldn't find any clips at our walmart, so these bows are made from old clips from old bows that were dirty and worn out.
What a poser!!!



The clips on these bows were very small I would say maybe just one inch. If I were to make more with these size clips, I wouldn't use as much ribbon, the layers were hard to spread out. Nest time I head to Flagstaff, I'm going to get some more clips. These were so much fun to make and Jocelyn loved them!!(Kennedy was bummed I didn't make any for her.) Also next time, I might try the thread version instead of floral wire. It worked but the wire stands out more than I want.

Now on to mud. Cris has been mudding the house finally!!!! I have lived with sheet rocked walls for lets see 8 months. We are wanting to refi the house, but it needs to be finished before we can so our appraisal will be good. So he's been busy trying to finish. With the help of Tim it will be done hopefully in the next two weeks. All of Cris extra time will be devoted to finishing!!! No more Halo till it's done!!!!!! :)

Here is the October desktop I did. It was really easy, especially with the help from Shabby Princess. It's just a template, so all I did was insert the pictures of the kids!! Then I same it to our desktop, and wallah, a cute desktop background.

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! You did a great job on those bows!

And hooray for your house getting done. I too would be SO HAPPY!

Ann said...

Cute bows! I think it would be fun to make some but I don't think I could get Rachel to wear them. I'll just have to wait for Kailynn's hair to come in. It is about 1/4 inch long now:)

Janet said...

Cute bows LeAnn! This will save you lots of money and you can match lots of different outfits.

Cziep Family said...

Did you find the directions on a website to make the bows? Sydnie would love to be able to pick out her own colors.

Tell Cris when he is done, I have a "honey do list" at my house.

Corie Green said...

Super cute!! I found clips at wal-mart by the combs in the hair section. I will grab you some next time I am there! :)

Good Job Cris!

Steven & Maria Cziep said...

Your bows are adorable and what a cute model!!! I bet it feels good to get so many projects done. Yea for you!!!

{kim} said...

Man, you have so many talents when it comes to girl's hair! Good job on the bows. And, I like your desktop-I have the same one on my laptop!

The life of Jayne said...

Cute Bows, way to go!! OH, and the mudding is no fun- but I bet it will be nice to have done-