Saturday, October 25, 2008

This Ones For You, Maria!!

I ran a Breast Cancer awareness 10k today. It was pretty fun, and not many people ran it, most walked, and you could even ride a bike. I came in 4th place(I personally say 3rd, cause I really don't think the girl on the bike that came in 1st should count. :) I think I did pretty good. I did get a head start on a few people, cause they really didn't do a start, they just said, ok, you can go now. I had a guy pass me around mile 2 and Kim Henling zoomed past me around mile 31/2-4.(you go girl!!!) All, in all I had a good time especially for doing it alone.
We've been thinking of you Maria, and I hope your doing well, please let me know if I can do anything for you guys, even though we are 800 miles away!!! Love ya!!!!
Bare in mind that this picture was taken after the run, I don't sweat, I just turn bright red, and stay that way for a good hour or so. And my shirt was two sizes to big, maybe next year they will get some smalls, or mediums. I had to totally tuck that baby in. :)

4 comments:

Criddle said...

Yay! great job. and love the shirt

Cziep Family said...

You go girl! I have been walking 3 miles a day, and have been thinking about signing up for some of our local walk/run marathons. I guess I should stop thinking about it and just do it! You are an inspiration!

Steven & Maria Cziep said...

That's great LeAnn!! Thanks for thinking of me. I'm glad you did so well. What a silly thing to let a biker count as first place in a foot race. Bazzar!! I'm doing great. Tomorrow I go in for session three of chemo so I will be half way done. Yeah!! Love to you and your family.

Corri Havlicek said...

Nice legs, woman!