Saturday, May 17, 2008

Battle of the Bands

The kids elementary school does a battle of the bands every year to get the kids to read. This year Cris was asked to play bass guitar and guitar in it with our good friend Randy, and another guy named Randy. The teachers put on skits and lip sing to songs and dance. They put on a performance at the school for just the kids, and then a night they do a night performance to raise money for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Fund. I went to the night performance last year and it was so funny, and the kids love it. So we couldn't miss out on this years performance exspecialy since Cris was in it. They played three songs, Brown eyed Girl, a song I don't remember the name to, and R.O.C.K. in the USA. They did really good! And Cris had so much fun, and can't wait to do it again next year. They are even thinking of playing a few songs at the standing on the corner festival in September. Here is some pictures and video. Bare in mind my camera has been acting up and won't focus when I zoom in. So the video and pictures are fuzzy.
Program

Cris on guitar, our frind Randy on the bongo drums, and the other Randy on guitar
Cris playing the Bass Guitar

Random picture of the staff dancing to Queen




My camera is really bad the sound isn't good and the picture isn't good in either one of these videos. And I'm not a good videographer either. I'm everywhere in the ROCK in the USA but i was trying to get a picture of Jocelyn dancing. She was just as entertaining as the performances. And it's also hard to take video with a two year old on your lap. I hope you enjoy!!














3 comments:

Ivy & Mae said...

how fun! That is a great school activity/fundraiser/incentive idea.

Janet said...

That is so cool. I knew Cris played guitar hero but I didn't realize he played for real. That is awesome!!! He needs to jam at the reunion. I bet the kids were so proud of their dad up on stage.

Steven & Maria Cziep said...

Your family is so talented!! You must have had a blast that night. What a fun idea for a school fundraiser.