Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Record Breaking Heat

So we've had some record breaking heat the past few days, and even maybe today. Yesterday it was 97 DEGREES!!!! Wow! We finally turned on the A.C. on Sunday, I was really wanting to hold out until the end of the month, but wasn't able too. When I went to the gym yesterday, I couldn't even work out. The cheapskate gym owners hadn't turned theirs on yet. I thought I was going to die. I left them a not very nice note on the front desk stating that it was to hot and that it's not healthy for their patrons to workout in the heat, and to turn on their A.C. (I even checked the thermostat it was 77 degrees inside and mix that along with the humidity from everyone working out. Wow!!) Well, guess what when I went in today the A.C. was on!! Either my note worked or I wasn't the only one complaining. It was much better to work out in today. So with this nice and hot weather I might turn on the sprinklers for the little ones today. (if I feel like sitting out in the heat :)) I love the summer!!! And can't wait for monsoon season to start. We love to watch all the thunder and lightning storms from the trampoline. And all that rain is nice too.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Good job voicing your opinion! I work out every day.... vicariously through you.
Also- that is so cool abt. Cris rocking out! Tell him I remember his guitar in high school at the Landon's....

bryan and megan said...

Can you send a little warm weather our way?
I was beginning to think that summer was here. We had a couple of days that the weather was 80-85 degrees and then all of a sudden summer was over. One day it is 85 and the next it is 50, how the heck does that work?

Here is my e-mail address so you can e-mail me your blog address.
megan@archibaldagency.com

Corri Havlicek said...

bummer...it didn't last long...BUT it will be back!

Janet said...

Wow! 97 degrees. Jayme and I think we need to turn on the AC when it hits 80. We would never make it in Arizona. It's in the high 50's today. We may never get summer.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! :) You're right, you CANNOT work out when it's that hot! The thunderstorms sound really cool! While you bake away in 100 degrees for the rest of the summer, I'm happy to enjoy the 70's and 80's! There is no place prettier in the spring / summer than in Washington!