Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Day and The Black Eye

Our day started out as any other day in the Moss household.
Breakfast, make lunched get dressed, and then time to do the girls hair. While doing Kennedy's hair I found.......

These nasty little buggers!!!!! Which caused alot of tears!!! And also caused a call to the school, to report our nasty problem. In which I got the answer " Thanks for calling we really appreciate it, most parents don't and send the kids to school anyway." No wonder why we have this problem.

Cris went to the store and bought this stuff.....

We all shampooed, combed, and rinsed. ALL OF US!!! I was a bit paranoid, I treated everyone, even if there was no lice. So my paranoia turned my laundry room into this........
It even got worse than this. I think the pile doubled in size since I took this picture. I then stared doing this to everything I could.......

So now my house is spotless, I've done about 10 or more loads of laundry, and I've vacuumed till i can't vacuum no more, and the wash is still going.
I pray that this will not have a recurrence, although everything I've read said it most likely will. Wish me luck!!!!!!
Now on to that black eye. Jocelyn was running around the house yesterday, and fell and hit the corner by a door, right by her eye. It started to puff up immediately, we called good ol' Dr. Tom, and he said no need to take her to the E.R, just ice it, and the swelling should go down. She woke up with this nice little shiner, and swollen eye this morning. Poor girl, just in time for her school pictures on Friday. Look like we will be doing retakes. :)
She's still the cutest girl in the world!!!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so sorry for your "problem" and I am so glad that I have boys since they don't usually get that "problem". You should talk to Katherine she has experience in that area. I have to agree with you Jocelyn is still such a cute girl black eye and all. Didn't Kennedy just have a black eye not too long ago?

Mike and Kim said...

Hey!! I haven't looked at your blog in awhile looks like you have had your hands full!! Jocelyn's cake was super cute!! I still can't get over how much she looks like you!! She is such a cutie!! Umm I am drawing a blank on the potty sharing, but i am greatful there is not a photo of us!! That will be great pic for blackmailing!! Poor Kennedy I feel bad for her!! I hope you got rid of them!!!

Criddle said...

oh Yuck that lice picture! lol poor Kennedy and Jocelyn. :( Now your house is all ready for mom and dad!

Ashby said...

Oh I am so sorry. And as I was reading that my head started to itch. Things like that give me the heebeegeebees. I hope you don't have a recurrence.

And Poor Jocelyn! She's still a cutie pie, shiner and all!

Shana Dee said...

So, you would think as a hair dresser I would see a lot of lice. But thank goodness no!! Good luck!! I agree she is super cute with her shiner.

Corie Green said...

I love Jocelyn's shiner!!! it is cute! :) I am so so so sorry about the lice! It seems to be running rampant around winslow right now!! Good luck with it! Let me know if we can help with anything!

Moss Family said...

HAHA...I'm laughing because, I'm sitting here with Sharen, and I'm like have you seen Leanns blog lately it's always soo cute! Oh No... not such a good day to show her...I think she is double thinking this road trip tomarrow. LOL.

Steven & Maria Cziep said...

Yikes!! What a black eye. That looks like it hurt!! Jocelyn can't help her cuteness; it is at the molecular level. So sorry about your nasty beasties. They are just disgusting--aren't they!? I feel for you. I remember our constant battle last year in school--I hope your luck is much better and you kill them all DEAD!!! (show no mercy!!)

Janet said...

Oh LeAnn, so, so sorry. We found the same thing in Ciarra's beautiful, long, thick hair in first grade about 2 or 3 days into school. We called the school to inform and got the same response. I did the same thing. I froze all her new school clothes because I couldn't wash them in hot water , I washed and washed and washed, I made the kids sleep on the floor for two weeks and laundered what they slept on every day for 2 weeks, I boiled their brushes and combs every time they used them. We treated everyone in the house, TWICE. It was a nightmare!!!! I feel for you. I still freak out if you play a game where hats or clothes are shared. I still freak out about the backs of theatre seats. Luckily we never got them again..Knock on wood. I became a lice advocate in the school and we did school checks every quarter. It's crazy. Good luck!