Friday, January 25, 2008

He Does?

Kennedy was at a friends house having a sleepover tonight. So I thought I'd let Jocelyn and Kaden watch a movie on the computer, and I made them muddy buddies. I was sitting on the couch trying to prepare my talk for church on Sunday, when Jocelyn walked in the room. I was hoping for some peace and quiet, so I told he that she needed to go watch the movie with her brother. She didn't want to. So then thinking that I needed to think of something to get her to return to the movie, I told her," Jocelyn, Kaden will be so sad if you don't watch the movie with him." She in return said, "No he won't." "But Jocelyn" I said " he is you brother, and he loves you very much." "He does? No he doesn't" She questioned. Then she ran off to find Kaden. I heard her exclaim, "Kaden mom says you love me very much, do you?" "Yes I do" Kaden told her in a manly voice.
Maybe it's all the preparation for my talk, and being engulfed in scriptures all day, but the thought came to my mind, He does. Heavenly Father and Jesus love us each and everyone of us. Even if we have done something wrong. They will always be there for us. Just as my children will be there for one another even when they aren't nice to each other.
I thought this was so cute. Exspecially the look on her face when she asked "He does?" I'm so glad that my children have love for one another, even though they might not show it often. And they might need to be reminded of it, just as at times we might need to be reminded of Heavenly Father, and Jesus love for us.

No comments: