Saturday, January 19, 2008

Movie Review

O.K. so I'm not a movie critic but I just had to post about this movie. Last night we went to go see Cloverfield along with Josh and Susie and Crystal and Lance. The previews of this movie looked pretty good, I for one wanted to see this Godzilla type movie. Before it started one of the ushers got on a mega phone and said," This movie was filmed like the Blar Witch Project (we've never seen it)the camera movements are fast and very choppy. If you feel as if you are going to be sick or throw up, please exit the theatre and go to guest services and you can be given a full refund. And if you do throw up, please try to make it to a garbage can. (ha, ha)" I though in my mind, it can't be that bad, can it? Think again LeAnn, think again. It didn't start off too bad as these people are filming a going away party. It slowly got worse, and worse, as the cameraman is moving fast, running around, and spinning, oh, the spinning. I tried closing my eyes to see if the queasiness(is that a word) would go away, but every time I'd open my eyes, it would come back. I finally turned to Cris and said,"I have to leave I'll sit in the lobby and wait till its over." So I left and got my refund. I sat for a 20 minutes by myself, and out walks my husband. What a good guy he left the movie so I wouldn't have to be alone. Unfortunately we road with everyone else, so we had to wait another 25 minutes for it to be over. The moral to my story, If you get car sick, or motion sickness don't go see this movie. You don't want to be one of the select few who have to run out of the theatre to try and find a garbage.

2 comments:

The life of Jayne said...

Thanks for the heads up!!

Stephanie said...

I'll make a note, I don't think I'd last as long as you did.