Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home Improvments

When we first moved into our house almost 4 years ago, it needed work, but we could live with it the way it was, so it was no big deal. We first worked on getting some curb appeal. They yard was so nasty! It hadn't been taken care of for years. It was a desert landscape with bark, and rocks everywhere, along with some old unpruned trees. We tore it all out and put in a sprinkle system thanks to my dad! All the neighbors were glad to see it go, and told us that a night there were so many bugs, you could see the ground crawl! And then planted grass both in the front and the back. We are not big on credit cards, and going into debt so we've been working on it here and there. This year we are working on our living room. It's been alot of fun to see it transform, and I can't wait till it's done. We have a really good friend that's a contractor, that is doing most of the work for us. Here are some pictures of the progress so far.
Cris doing manual labor tearing out the old fire place

Cole trying to help his daddy

New fireplace! We will soon be buying a new gas insert to put in the old fireplace.

Cris mudding around the fireplace
I tried to take a picture of my lovely ceiling, but it didn't turn out. Just imagine your in school, board out of your mind, so you look up and start counting the holes in the ceiling tiles. Yes that is what my ceiling looks like. I won't miss it one bit!! But if I do, i can always go in my room, or the kids room, and start counting! We are doing one room at a time so my house won't be too much of a wreck. Hopefully the next pictures I post will be a finished product.











1 comment:

The life of Jayne said...

Wow, this looks awesome! I bet you will just love it!!