Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hernia Update

I finally made it to Flagstaff for my doctor's appointment. We got caught in a middle of a blizzard on our way up there, and it took us a hour and a half to get there when it usually only takes 45 minutes. It was so pretty! I miss the snow so much. You would think that we would have gotten some, but all we got was slush, and rain. The doctor told me that it definitely was a hernia, but wasn't urgent to fix since its small, and not bothering me. He also said to go ahead and run the half marathon, and that it shouldn't affect it. So P.f. Changs Marathon here we come! I'm scheduled to have surgery on Febuary 6th. He said it would be a very easy procedure and that I would be back to my normal routine within 2-3 weeks. I can't wait to have it fixed! Now if only he could do a tummy tuck while he's in there. Too bad insurance doesn't cover those.

Here is a picture of the snow we encountered in Flagstaff. They had over a foot and a half of snow! This picture was taken with Cris' cell phone out my car window.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Glad you got it all figured out and will still be able to run your marathon! That is exciting!! Good luck with your surgery--you HARDLY need a tummy tuck! Look at how tiny you are!

That was a beautiful picture of the snow! Quite amazing the quality a cell phone produces these days! :)

The life of Jayne said...

Keep us posted on your marathon!! (and your hernia operation too!)