Monday, January 14, 2008

P. F. Chang's Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon

We did it!! We ran the whole 13.1 miles and we didn't even stop!!! Susie kicked my butt and finished about 50 sec. sooner than me. Click on this link to get my time and other stats.http://results.active.com/pages/oneResult.jsp?pID=31309209&rsID=51011
My actual time is the chip time, not the clock time. They did a wave start, so we didn't start until 40 minutes after the clock did. It was so much fun, and completely life changing! Who would of thought that I would run a half marathon. Susie did so good, and kept me going. It was so much fun to run it with her, and have someone to talk to along the way. Thanks Susie! I Love You!! We already have plans to run the full marathon next year. I bought my some good luck socks at the expo the day before to wear, I put a picture of them on the slide show below. They brought us alot of luck, we finished about 20 minutes earlier than our projected time!
This is how our day went.
1. Wake up at 5:20
2. Get on hotel shuttle to take us to start line at 6. (this shuttle cost me $15!!)
3. 6:30 arrive at start area along with about 40 thousand other people.
4. Walk around freezing for another hour and half.
5. Eat the bagels, bananas, and many other things they had for us to eat before we started.(what were they trying to do make us throw up!)
6. Listen to live band
7. 8:15 get in starting corral
8. 8:30 start the first wave of people
9. 9:00 we started our journey
10. See our family and friends cheering us on around mile 5. With the signs they made
11. Keep going, have some accelerade
12. Keep going, have some water
13. Keep going, have some more water, and then grab another cup to poor all over self
14. Last mile you can do it!
15. Go over finish line!!!!!
16. Get more water
17. Get finisher metal
18. Take off racing chip
19. Get a picture taken with Susie (they had professional photographers and I'll be ordering this picture win a week or so. They also got a picture of me going across the finish line)
20. Walk in a line and get, more water, accelerade, fruit, chips, granola bars, and popsicles
21. Get our stuff back from UPS
22. Call our hubbys to see where they are.
23. Leave the area to find the car(that was a marathon in itself!!)
24. Drive three hours home and pick up Kennedy and Kaden from friends houses.
25. Make dinner
26. Take a long bath to soke tired and sore muscles
27. Go to bed early!!!
I hope I didn't miss anything. It was so much fun, and I'm still on a high from doing it. As we were running we keep passing sweatshirt, jackets and gloves. We couldn't believe that people were shedding their layers of clothing as they went. We then passed a race official and he was yelling "Thank you for your donations, anything for drop on the course will be given to charity and good will." I got so hot running. I'm sure it was close to 70 degrees. Next year I will defiantly be one of those people that are taking their pants and sweatshirts of while they are running, I'm wearing shorts and a tank top next time.
Thanks again Susie! It was a blast! I Love You!!!

2 comments:

The life of Jayne said...

Way to go!! You are awesome!!

p.s. I want that candy website that you like!!

Shana Dee said...

Hi, YES I am running. I am excited. Since it will be a smaller race, we will hopefully be able to see each other. When it gets closer to the race, lets make plans to meet up.