Sunday, April 6, 2008

First Camping Trip of theYear!!

We went on our first camping trip this past Friday and Saturday. We went with Tim and Steph and Randy.(Randy's wife had to to homework for her class she's taking and we are too cool for his 18 year old:))We went Long Lake. The kids had a lot of fun! We didn't leave until 4:30 Friday afternoon so we got there at about 6. We camped about 200 yards from the lake. After starting a fire and getting the tinfoil dinners ready we just sat around the camp fire. Cris and Randy brought there guitars and serenaded us while the food was cooking in the fire. After eating we did the usual campfire thing and made smores. Yummy!! The kids went to bed really good, and I was able to relax by the fire without worrying that someone would fall in. We had a small heater Cris' dad gave it but it really didn't put out too much heat. I covered the kids in blankets, hoping they would say warm which they did, it was I who got cold. I even slept in my warm jammies a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. Cris said he got hot, and I was worried about Cole so he slept on our bed on our side of the tent trailer. Our tent trailer is old and Cris bought it for $700. I think it would keep the heat in better if it was in better condition. But it works and is better than a tent. Tim and Steph have a tent trailer too. (Our's is nice but theirs is nicer :)LOL) Now Cris wants to get a newer one that is a little bigger. I agree it would be nice to get a bigger one, but it will be a while before that happens. Friday night we heard some coyotes calling. One sounded like it was right outside the door of our trailer.
We woke up on Saturday morning and the guys and kids wanted to fish right away. So we all went fishing before breakfast. I got really windy and Cole was cranky so I went back to camp and started to clean up. We made a yummy breakfast inside the trailer, and packed up and then headed home. We were going to stay all day Saturday but it was way to windy and too miserable to sit in the trailer with the kids. It was so much fun and i can't wait for it to get a little warmer and we can go again. Next time we are going to go to Bear Canyon.
I love the warmer weather!!! Enjoy the slide show of pictures! I took a ton.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was fun! Thanks for going! We need to go again on a NICER weekend for sure!

Rachel Holloway said...

That looks and sounds SO fun! We haven't ever ventures out for family camping with the little kids--but we might finally try it this Spring/Summer. :)

Ivy & Mae said...

camping? wow--how nice it must be to live somewhere that is actually having Spring.

Corri Havlicek said...

THAT looks like fun! I have great memories of camping as a kid, but now that I'm older I realize how much work it is. It takes longer to pack and clean up than it does to actually camp! It's so worth the effort, though!

Mike and Kim said...

I am so jealous!! We woke up to SNOW!!! I am so sick of this weather :( I hope that some day soon we will have sun shine