Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!!

Take me out to the park
Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks
I don't care if I ever get back
For it root root root for the home team
If they don't win its a shame
For it's 1,2,3 strikes your out
At the ol' ball game!!!
I'm not sure if I got that right.

Can you guess what time of year it is? It's little league season! The kids each had their first game yesterday. They had such a fun time and did good!!! Kaden missed the deadline by a few weeks to play fast pitch baseball, so it's his third year of t-ball. If you ask him if he likes it he will say yes, but everyone on his team is little. Kennedy however gets to play fast pitch softball. I'm so excited for her!
Here are some pictures of their first games.
Kaden running to first

He made it!!

Kennedy practicing her swing.

On base!

Our little left fielder

I was so happy and proud for both of them. Since Kennedy moved up a year she had 10 year olds on her team, and are a bit more competitive. We really didn't know weather or not she would play, but she played half the game. She even got on base both times she hit!! Yea!!! We are looking forward to see them play and learn more about the game this year.
On a side note, the wind is back :(

4 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

HOw fun! I can't (CAN) wait until my kiddos start sports. Chelsea is in tap right now, but it will be fun to see Dan coach their teams. :)

Corri Havlicek said...

I'm so jealous you get to do T-ball. We tried, but Kendall was too young this year. Next year!

Rachel Holloway said...

i CAN'T wait to get Jenna in a sport. I think she will love it! :) I am so glad your kids can be involved...

However, I am also sorry about your wind...what a bummer!

Camille said...

You need to go to the ponytail blog and see your surprise.