Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday's workout and Beware!!

Today we ran close to four miles outside and then lifted our legs.

Now for the beware part of my post. I got this friendly email from the IRS. In it, it said something along the lines of getting a tax refund of $168.48. I was thinking man, I know that our rebate check should be more than that. In the email it had a link for me to click on. So I did and it then proceeded to ask to enter our SSN and bank information so they can direct deposit the money. This got me a bit fishy. So I didn't fill it out, and got on the IRS website. I found a link for info on the rebate checks that will be going out the beginning of May. I went there and found some info on fraudulent emails going out that was exactly like the one I received. To get your rebate money you DO NOT need to fill out anything. If you filled your taxes they have all the info need, and your money will be direct deposited into accounts starting May 2, or a check will be mailed to you a few weeks after. So moral of the story don 't fill out that info if you've received a email! It's people trying to get your bank info!! The email looked legit, and the link you click on takes you to a web site that looks just like the IRS's!! BEWARE!!!!!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Thanks for your caution! I will be on the lookout--

WHAT A WORKOUT! Amazing! Really, I hope you know how amazing I think you are for all this training. You are SO ambitious!

Corie Green said...

I got one like that claiming to be from Bank of America doing routine online banking maintenance and asked for our login, password, and account numbers. Scary, glad you checked!

Ivy & Mae said...

I'm glad you caught that!

YAY for running--I can't even imagine

Corri Havlicek said...

Smart girl! Way to be on the ball! And, thanks for the warning.

Michelle said...

What a tough workout. YOU ROCK! As for the warning, I just saw a warning about this on the news this morning. They said if you fill it out your accounts will be drained in a matter of hours. That is so scary. Not that Matt and I have any money to steal. We're college students! I am glad that you caught this. Thanks for the warning.