Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dinner Rut

Anyone get in one of these? I'm in one now, I don't think I've cooked anything worth while in the past week. My poor family has suffered through hot dogs, spaghetti, mac and cheese, and many more unspeakable meals. Last night after asking the age old question to Cris, "What do you want for dinner?" and getting the age old answer back," I don't care." I was about ready to throw a temper tantrum that would out do any two year old. So, Cris was then put in charge of dinner. I was thinking great we will have pizza, waffles, pancakes or french toast (I'm not a fan of breakfast for dinner, yuck!!) But to my surprise this is what he proceeded to make.......
This was the best grilled chicken and potatoes I've ever had, plus it helps that I didn't have to cook it. :)
Cris' secret recipe consists of alittle oil, alittle vinegar, and Cesar Italian dressing.
Cut the chicken into strips, and soak in the concoction above then grill. It was delis!!! And it was the perfect meal to start a fast.
While Cris was busy grillin' away, I was off to play!!! I took this picture of the clouds. I love the monsoon season!! The cool air it brings, makes for a perfect Arizona night, and I love to watch the lightning dance across the sky.
Who could resist taking a picture of this cutie Swingin' away!!!
In other news, we've had another lost tooth from Kennedy last week, the older kids started soccer, Cole is talking up a storm, and Jocelyn is loving pre-school!! I've also added a slide show of scrapbook pages to the side of the blog, I hope to add more to it soon!!!

3 comments:

Cziep Family said...

This meal is one of our favorites around our house. I have a friend that has sent me a lot of great recipes, I will post them on my blog.

Janet said...

Yummy, sounds good. We'll have to try it. Way to go Cris. I love your scrapbook pages. I have really got to learn how to do this.

Corie Green said...

Yay Cris! I LOVE breakfast for dinner but I am getting the chicken out of the freezer right now! :)