Sunday, August 10, 2008

You Want Me To Sing?

I got released form my calling of the 2nd councilor in Primary about a month ago. I've enjoyed being calling less, no lessons to prepare!! (except this week when I was asked to sub for a lady teaching in Relief Society. Man, that was hard, but thanks to prayer, I pulled it off. I think. I really enjoyed doing it actually, and wish I could stay there.)
Well on to my title, "You Want ME To Sing". These were the words that almost came out of my mouth last week when I was called into the Bishop's office to be given a new calling. They asked me, drum roll please.......... To be the music leader in primary. This is where the you want me to sing comes in. I'm a horrible singer, and I mean horrible. All you people at the Clark Reunion should know this. I can't keep a tune for the life of me!!!!! This is what I told Tom as he continued to call me to my calling. I think I will be fired in the near future after the primary program in a few months, when the children sound horrible.
As for being in primary still, I think it's a life long calling. But I will take this in stride, and attempt to help the kids love to sing. (ha,ha they won't love it when they hear me.) So wish me luck, and please pray that I don't break any ear drums in the process.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations on your new calling. All I can say is that the calling of primary chorister was the very hardest calling I have ever had and yet the most rewarding one I have ever had. I have lots of ideas if you ever need help. It doesn't matter if you can't sing. I can't! I just prayed that the teachers could stand my bellowing and screeching and that the kids would love my enthusiasm and would sing loud and strong like I would. You're in for a treat and the opportunity to really feel the spirit when they sing their little hearts out.

The Brimhall's said...

Leann I am so excited for you. That is a calling that I really want to do. Just be glad its the kids you are teaching. They will love you!

Rachel Holloway said...

You will do great!! Tune or not... :) Pretty funny though...

Corie Green said...

You will rock! Pretend you are singing on rockband! hmmm... a rockband primary edition...? :)

Steven & Maria Cziep said...

Good luck, LeAnn, you will be fantastic. The great thing about kids--they love you no matter what and the sillier you are the better in their eyes.

bryan and megan said...

Oh, you will do great! But I do have to tell you, that is one calling I hope they never give me!!!

Cziep Family said...

You have great ideas... don't worry you will be great! When I was Primary President, I really appricated my chorister and all her hard work that went into it, but they days she wasn't there, the kids were if for a real treat when they were stuck with me. You will have to keep us up todate and let us know how it is going. We are all cheering for you!

Corri Havlicek said...

Sing away my friend...you'll be great!