Saturday, August 9, 2008

Inside Out Bacon Cheese Burgers

My sister-in-law Kristie wanted this recipe. After many failed attempts at emailing it to her I thought I'd post it here. I must give my friend Rachel a shout out for this yummy recipe. I added my own variations to it. Enjoy!!!

1 lb. ground beef
3 Tbsp. KRAFT Ranch Dressing, divided
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
2 KRAFT Singles, cut into quarters
PREHEAT grill to medium heat.

Mix meat and 2 Tbsp. of the dressing. Shape into 8 thin patties. Mix remaining 1 Tbsp. dressing and the bacon. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. of the bacon mixture onto center of each of 4 of the patties; top with 2 Singles quarters and second patty. Pinch edges of patties together to seal.GRILL patties 7 to 9 min. on each side or until cooked through (160°F).

I don't use the kraft singles, instead I use the sargento cheese that is already sliced. I've used pepper jack and chipotle. My family liked the chipotle best. I also add a egg and alittle milk to the hamburger mixture along with some minced garlic, and Montreal steak seasoning. And instead of cooking bacon and crumbling it I use the REAL bacon bits found by the salad dressing and stuff.
After I make the patties I freeze them for a hour so they harden a bit they are easier to get on the grill that way.

3 comments:

AprilF said...

Yummy!!

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW! Lots of great variations~ I keep meaning to put my own variations on the blog, but have forgotten. I actually just cut up chunks of cheese and put it in, as well as using the real bacon pieces. None of the cooking, draining, etc. for me!!! :) I have never had to freeze mine though...they stay together really well. I might do a little picture by picture of how I mold them though--maybe that's the secret!

Glad you like this recipe! I love these burgers...yum!

Cziep Family said...

THANK YOU!!! I can't believe we had to go thru all this, but it will be well worth it!